Why Is Cowcraft So Dead?

HupTiz_Azza

I know quite a few of you complain and talk a lot about the lack of activity within the server but I ask you all to try to stop that and remain loyal and patient, within my last few months of work and college it has really made me realise how lucky everyone is that the vast majority of you are in school and not working, most of the current staff are in the working world.

I understand alot easier now that they will not be able to upgrade and polish everything in the press of a button as the real world takes up alot of time, so I do ask that you all have some faith that eventually something will happen and this server will return to how it was

BfromJokerSquad

Minecraft is a tiny part of my life. But i used to spend it on cowcraft creative. It's been 4 months since i've been hacked. Just need 1 admin to clear my creative inventory. They still havn't so... i dont go on cowcraft anymore. :(

Antheia

If it was easy to make and maintain a popular Minecraft server everyone would do it.
I believe it's very hard to make and maintain a popular server. CowCraft already was a popular server. Maintaining its popularity is the current difficulty, and I wish people could start offering suggestions to help the server instead of complaining.

Kindoe

Most of the suggestions people actually do give can't really be done. For example, people want CowClash (Red vs Blue) and CowZ (MineZ) to be added, but both require developers that either left or can't be afforded. Even when they do things people do want, such as keeping a standard factions and adding prison, it still gets backlash and dies quickly. The best thing they can do right now is bring back survival, that will bring back 20-40 players for a few months before people get OP. From the money they get from the new ranks, they should fix the perks on creative, so people will stop spamming about their problems. When March comes around, towny should get reset with fixes in the plugin (unless it isn't open source, in that case disregard this.) Factions should get reset too, but have some of the "professionals" give suggestions to what would be best for everyone. HG and Skywars don't seem to have problems, and just died due to lack of players. Kitpvp and Skyblock have some fixes needed, but are doing pretty well for the server's size.
So like something Squid said in another thread, most people are unwilling or unqualified to develop or run this server. However, what Edy has never done is ask people from the community to offer their skills to improve the server. I've seen some people who have some plugin programming knowledge and managerial abilities who don't get noticed. What I'm saying is that maybe make a thread to see if people would be willing to develop, because I'm sure there are some people who will do it, for free even.

SavageA5F

To be honesty i dont think edy or any of the staff are as motivated as they used to be. They dont push out any new updates, and they dont add anything new or unique to the network.
((I miss these days))

Antheia

Most of the suggestions people actually do give can't really be done. For example, people want CowClash (Red vs Blue) and CowZ (MineZ) to be added, but both require developers that either left or can't be afforded. Even when they do things people do want, such as keeping a standard factions and adding prison, it still gets backlash and dies quickly. The best thing they can do right now is bring back survival, that will bring back 20-40 players for a few months before people get OP. From the money they get from the new ranks, they should fix the perks on creative, so people will stop spamming about their problems. When March comes around, towny should get reset with fixes in the plugin (unless it isn't open source, in that case disregard this.) Factions should get reset too, but have some of the "professionals" give suggestions to what would be best for everyone. HG and Skywars don't seem to have problems, and just died due to lack of players. Kitpvp and Skyblock have some fixes needed, but are doing pretty well for the server's size.
So like something Squid said in another thread, most people are unwilling or unqualified to develop or run this server. However, what Edy has never done is ask people from the community to offer their skills to improve the server. I've seen some people who have some plugin programming knowledge and managerial abilities who don't get noticed. What I'm saying is that maybe make a thread to see if people would be willing to develop, because I'm sure there are some people who will do it, for free even.
Thank you!! This is super helpful. I hope staff sees this because this make tons of sense.

StaffDeziresIII

Guys! I know CowCraft is going through a tough time right now due to player decrements and donation decrements, but we need to stay calm. You bitches have already fucked up the server enough for fuck sakes.

Angry_Squid

Guys! I know CowCraft is going through a tough time right now due to player decrements and donation decrements, but we need to stay calm. You bitches have already fucked up the server enough for fuck sakes.
It would sound better if you removed the first two sentences

Angry_Squid

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY!?!?!?!
0qb9Ad3.gif

Antheia

Many people have said this and I'm really confused. Stay calm?? What do you think is going to happen? If you are fine with the server dying then that's great, but there are a lot of people who don't want the server to die and are trying to do something about it. Sorry if we are not calm enough for you :okay:

evanjsheppard

That is not the reason that the server is failing lmao. The server is failing because it doesn't provide something different. Literally everything in the server can be found 10x better in other servers. CowCraft lost its originality when cowz and old factions were removed. Just admit that the server isn't good and the only reason people play is because nostalgia and the 5 people community it has lol.
best towny though. of course you dont think so since you think towny players are all scrubs

Siri4urIphone

Honestly I am not sure why the server is dead BUT, if it is Edy cant do it alone even the staff cant do it alone. Everyone has to help and I Suggest on any social media we have to start advertising the server and just to throw it in>>
#saveCowcraft
Repost this hashtag and get it to spread everywhere! We the players need to stand and help our server, but we'll need everyone to help! So go around on cowcraft servers and try to spread this message!

BfromJokerSquad

Maybe the server should update to latest version. I know atleast one person who wont join because of that and he used to be on all the time.
Cowcraft is an amazing server though and i hope it can be saved.

HupTiz_Azza

Honestly I am not sure why the server is dead BUT, if it is Edy cant do it alone even the staff cant do it alone. Everyone has to help and I Suggest on any social media we have to start advertising the server and just to throw it in>>
#saveCowcraft
Repost this hashtag and get it to spread everywhere! We the players need to stand and help our server, but we'll need everyone to help! So go around on cowcraft servers and try to spread this message!

#SaveCowCraft!!!