Why Is Cowcraft So Dead?

ThriftyOne

Why Is CowCraft So Dead Lately? Was It Because Of The 1.10 Update Or Did People Forget About Our Awesome Server?

Im Becoming Alone...
:alone::alone::alone:
FOREVER ALONE

Angry_Squid

There are many possible answers, but I think it's because they stopped advertising and closed survival and RvB; factions and towny are also being reset.
Cowcraft is changing alot and when servers are reset, players lose progress and leave.

HeyDoctor

All these theories about why cowcraft is dead like "oh survival is down, oh they stopped advertising" are kinda true but I do not think this is the main reason.

I think the main reasons for cowcraft losing players is not the owner's fault, but instead it's the players' fault.

A few people less than usual are on one day then players go to the forums and ask "OMG why is cowcfaft dead" then players quit, which makes more players see the server is dying because people are quitting etc.

Another thing is yes, the advertising. As the old players start going to school and uni and grow out of minecraft and start playing other games such as SebTheTaco did, less and less players join the server and no new players join due to lack of advertisment. I myself am guilty of not being so active on the server anymore, as I mostly play on Badlion and Souppvp/hg servers because cowcraft's soup and hg servers are never full.

So in conclusion, stop blaming Edy.

It's mostly your fault too.

Angry_Squid

5FLJLjF.png

From http://minecraft-mp.com/server/5942/stats/

Interpret or analyze the graph however you like.
I blame the recent decrease in the last two months on school.

Last edited:

Cattt

according to the graph 24 months ago versus today September and October and declined rates due to school, so unfortunately that seems like a really large factor into why there has been a player decrease.
yes, there are many other reasons too but this seems like the most explainable and reasonable cause.

I left CowCraft about a year ago because I live in the middle of nowhere, (a.k.a. the Midwestern United States excluding certain cities) so my internet was unable to connect to CowCraft. These forums still work though, and so I remain here.

Edit: I looked at the chart, and wow. Things have gone downhill while I was gone, huh?

HeyDoctor

I left CowCraft about a year ago because I live in the middle of nowhere, (a.k.a. the Midwestern United States excluding certain cities) so my internet was unable to connect to CowCraft. These forums still work though, and so I remain here.

Edit: I looked at the chart, and wow. Things have gone downhill while I was gone, huh?
Players were in the single digits these past few days.

RyanTheKing123

That graph of the how many players have joined the server in the past 24 months is actually kinda funny lol it doesn't surprise me numbers have dropped like that

RyanTheKing123

Cowcrafts main population came from creative and factions and they pissed 95% of people off in factions and I dont know whats going on in creative lmao

Angry_Squid

Toxicity?
Somehow toxic has become a word used to describe people, but I've never seen it used in this way outside cowcraft forums.
By toxic he means players on cowcraft are abrasive, unsympathetic, harsh, unfriendly, and mean.

Last edited:

FriedRicee

Somehow toxic has become a word used to describe people, but I've never seen it used in this way outside cowcraft forums.
By toxic he means players on cowcraft are abrasive, unsympathetic, harsh, unfriendly, and mean.
Well if you quit because of that then... I wish you luck in the real world lol. Everyone is "toxic" so deal with it.. ;)