Survival: Macros, autoclickers, autorecconnect

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Angry_Squid, Aug 29, 2017.

?

Should these things be allowed?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. CAKEE

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Angry_Squid

Angry_Squid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Is using autoclickers, macros and autoreconnect allowed for grinding?

A player using an autoclicker, macro and auto reconnect to grind. He said "any external tools used for grinding purposes only are allowed".
    I was wondering how true this is and how much is allowed. Are we allowed to use macros and everything he's using? I assume we're not allowed to use kill aura to grind so what's allowed in terms of grinding; where's the line drawn? Are we only allowed autoclickers or are we allowed to use more, and if we're allowed to use more, what else can we use?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [06:55:38] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Diamond] ~xxxsploogecion [Moo] » i have an auto reconnect mod, which auto reconnects me to the server
    [06:55:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Diamond] ~xxxsploogecion [Moo] » and i have a macro that does /server survival every minute
    [06:56:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Diamond] ~xxxsploogecion [Moo] » on top of that i have an auto clicker

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. iminer

iminer Active Member

3. Leaxvx

Administrator

We don't allow anything that causes unfair game play to other players. If you use an auto clicker which is part of a hacked client, that is not allowed and players will be punished if found out. However, using an auto clicker mod, meaning it's strictly just an auto clicker, is allowed as it does not take advantage over other players like hacked clients do. This is also due to the fact that you can just switch your minecraft version to like 1.7 and use something to weigh down your attack button and will get the same results as using an auto clicker.

As for the auto reconnect, I haven't heard anything about it being disallowed, and I wouldn't classify that as unfair gameplay, so it's prob ok as long as it's not part of a hacked client.

4. iminer

iminer Active Member

Autoclickers can be external as well, not just with hacked clients. They shouldnt be allowed because autoclicking is cheating ;>

5. anavelle

anavelle Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    This is no different from using a client with mob killaura to grind mobs and a simple script to reconnect yourself to the server every time it restarts. Also I'd like to point out that autoclicking is considered cheating on pretty much every other server but CowCraft, but if the rule allows it I guess it's fine.

I don't think you understand you can't just put a weight on your mouse to continue to attack mobs that's not how Minecraft has ever worked, however if this player is using it to break blocks (which I'd imagine he's not) this method will work. What this player most likely using is a macro set up to continuously attack mobs or an external client that has an autoclicker. In my opinion this is definitely cheating, but rules are rules I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Leaxvx

Administrator

I do actually agree with you as do some other staff, because if in possession of it, it can be used for pvp too. But if you're using it to grind mobs it was decided to allow it because it was seen as harmless.

7. Finantal

Finantal New Member

Autoclickers as some players might see them as an advantage; they allow players to grind longer than other players who don't want to click for that long, it should be allowed, as it has the same affect as sitting in front of your computer clicking

8. Angry_Squid

You'd be more creditable if you weren't the user in question's alt.

9. Angry_Squid

Well, apparently macros are bannable. I was just temp banned for using them.
    Tempbanned for "Illegal Macros | Command looping | Mobaura" and although I guess it doesn't really matter I'd like to clarify I didn't have Mobaura and as far as I know I didn't have command looping either. I just had lots of scripted macros which were, when I was banned, afk grinding mobs by mostly autoclicking and doing /sell all, and that's evidently "illegal"/bannable.

So this answers my question about whether the statement "any external tools used for grinding purposes only are allowed" is true or not :p
    It's not true.

So, if command looping isn't allowed, is players having a macro/command loop to do /server survival every minute allowed? If so, why isn't that considered command looping or illegal macros?

Also, it would really be great if a staff could elucidate the details of the rules and explain the policy on macros.
    I created this thread because I wasn't sure how much is or isn't allowed but I didn't get a clear or definite response setting a clear line on what is or is not allowed.
    As a result of not knowing the rules, I unintentionally broke them.
    The statement "We don't allow anything that causes unfair game play to other players. " is very open to interpretation because, arguably, a ridable flying pet or an autoclicker is unfair.

@Xenoxidation @Leaxvx

#9 Angry_Squid, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Diamond061

Diamond061 New Member

@Leaxvx

Hello @Angry_Squid! I see that you have brought up my chat messages about my grinding process, and I would like to further expand on how my grinding setup works.

First, I would just like to say that Apw (or Cacto) is not my alternate account. My alternate account is "BlueBeetle061". This can be proven if you check the IPs of both accounts.

I use a standard autoclicker that I found online, nothing special. My autoclicker is not linked to an in-game mod or client, meaning it is completely third party to the Minecraft client.

As for auto-reconnecting, there is a mod called the "5-zig PvP Mod" which enhances the game's experience and adds some helpful features. This mod is only a visual mod, and does not add any unfair advantages to the game. One of these features allow me to automatically reconnect to the server when I get kicked off, whether that reason being connection lost or the daily server restart.

Yes, I do have a script that loops the command "/server survival". I admit to this. If command looping is illegal, I will set up a different macro to allow me to automatically reconnect me to the server. This script, that I currently using, is also outside of Minecraft.

As far as I am concerned, my methods to are completely fair. Leaxvx said that macros and auto clickers were allowed. However, I do see that you were banned for using these macros. I mean no harm in saying this, but you may need to think harder and ask yourself some questions. Were autoclickers/macros allowed at the time? Were you sometimes using the autoclickers/macros in an illegal way? Were hacked clients or illegal mods used to assist your grinding process or made the autoclickers/macros you were using possible?

I have been using this grinding method for the past couple of weeks and have not gotten any warnings or punishments from staff members. I even believe that some staff members were aware of my command looping and grinding methods before this post.

If my ways are seen as unfair by the staff, I will change whatever I need to in my process to make sure that I violate no rules about Cowcraft. However, my opinion still stands that autoclicking, macros, and command loops are perfectly legal and do not effect or take away from other player's experience on the server.

Anyways, thank you Angry_Squid for bringing this up. I hope I helped this come closer to a conclusion, and I've helped to argue why my methods should be legal.

Sincerely,
    xxSploogeStyles/Diamond061, Styles Brand

11. Angry_Squid

The most questionable thing my macros were doing was repeatedly doing /sell all. I was afk with a macro script that I wrote running when I was temp banned.
    I wish I knew what would qualify as "macros being used in an illegal way" but so far although I've been asking for a week, I haven't received a decent answer.
    I wasn't using hacked clients or illegal mods so I was banned for something my macros were doing but I am yet to know what that something is.
    It's hard to follow the rules and avoid being banned when it seems like most of the staff don't know the rules but the ones that have some sense at to what the rules are will enforce them with temp bans.

Ooooh, Apw's Catco, didn't realize that :p

12. Diamond061

Diamond061 New Member

@Angry_Squid,

I agree with what your saying, and I'm not entirely sure that the staff do fully understand the rules. I think the staff members need to come to a conclusion on what makes a macro illegal. I think that macros should be allowed for grinding purposes considering that it seems that auto clicking and autoreconnecting are allowed and accepted by staff.

I do think that you bring up a fair point when you say that the most questionable thing you have done was making your macros do "/sell all", and you didn't use any hacked clients or illegal mods. Like I have stated, if auto clickers and auto reconnecting is allowed for grinding purposes, then I do not see why macros and command looping, used for the same exact purpose, wouldn't be allowed.

Here's what we can take away from what staff have already made clear:
    • Auto clicking is allowed (as long as it is not apart of any illegal mods/hacked clients)
    • Auto reconnecting is allowed (as long as it is not apart of any illegal mods/hacked clients)
    There still are some things that need to be cleared up by the staff about this topic, but in the end I hope they do decide to allow macros and such, as many players, including myself, have benefited and/or continue to benefit from grinding.

Sincerely,
    xxSploogeStyles/Diamond061, Styles Brand

13. Xenoxidation

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    Update on macros coming soon. Rules have been re-written.

14. Angry_Squid

ANARCHY UNTIL THEN.

jk...
    but really, it's good to hear that

• Like Like x 1
  15. Diamond061

Diamond061 New Member

@Xenoxidation,
    Why is auto grinding being disallowed? Lots of the top players have and continue to profit from auto grinding. There is no advantage to auto grinding. Any player on the server with a brain and an IQ over 3.5 can understand how to build a grinder and auto grind. Any player can do it, not just the rich ones. It doesn't ruin the economy, it's actually a very efficient source of income. Now that you can't auto grind any longer, the blaze spawner economy is going to drop. I currently own 142 blaze spawners, what the hell am I supposed to do if I cannot sell thhem?

16. iminer

iminer Active Member

Why does it matter if it didn't give an advantage?

17. Angry_Squid

It does give an advantage, I don't think anyone will argue that it doesn't. I think he means it doesn't give an unfair advantage because he's saying anyone can do it which makes it fair.

18. Xenoxidation

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    You can still grind blazes by clicking the mouse yourself. Most servers don't even allow autoclicking.

19. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

By that logic the hack clients should be allowed since everyone has ability to install them and have the same advantage. Anyways, we did have a bit of debate in staff chat about macros and majority agreed it should be disallowed. All of the points being made on this threads have been already discussed and argued in staff chat.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Leaxvx

Administrator

Not sure I was tagged in this since it wasn't directed at me, but dang that was written very formally lol.