Suggestions Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by I0wnu4life, Jun 8, 2017.

1. I0wnu4life

I0wnu4life Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    Hello, all Cowcrafters! I am I0wnu4life, if you are one of the older players I think you'd know me as one of the most irritating players on the server. I have been coming to the Cowcraft forums every once in a while, and I have noticed a lot of people complaining about the current state that Cowcraft is currently in. I have also noticed that a lot of staff have quit, or at least a few. I understand why but it sucks that it has happened. Hopefully, soon the staff will regain their control and come back stronger than ever. I believe that all of us that are reading this current post love this server, I truly do, and I love this server also. Some of you might say that this server is shit, some of you might not, but I think if you are taking your time to read this post about how we can fix our beloved server then that would mean you still come back to forums regularly and want to see how the server is doing. If you didn't care about the server you wouldn't bother.

Now, I think instead of spam posting threads about what we want for the server, let us make up our mind as a group. Here is my idea:
    - Post your idea
    - Thumbs up an idea that you like (CAN NOT BE YOUR OWN)
    - Thumbs down an idea that you do not like (CAN NOT BE YOUR OWN)
    - DO NOT POST ANYTHING OTHER THAN IDEAS
    (Staff if you find a post that is not following these rules can you please remove it)

Make sure your idea is not a new minigame or a new anything. This thread is mainly to focus on things that would either better the server in a way, for example, fixing bugs, fixing the economy problem in towny, survival, factions whichever it may be (if any). If it does include a new minigame make sure you go into great detail about what it is and if you can find it on a plugin website. (Bukkit, Spiggot, ect.)

Make this server come back alive, we just need to work togeather instead of bashing the current staff. They are here because they love this server and want it to come back alive. We are all still here for the same reason. To make Cowcraft raise from the dead and raise above the best servers out there. I will begin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suggestion: Lower the version of Cowcraft to a version without the new combat system ect.
    Reason: I think we can all agree that the new combat system is simply a bad idea and that the old ways were a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Kindoe

Kindoe Well-Known Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    My only suggestion would be for them to release a world download for the current towny map, since they will be resetting it soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • wat wat x 2
  3. Leaxvx

Administrator

Having that version on CowCraft would probably break some current plugins which would cause more problems and player frustration, and could prevent future plugins compatibility.

Since you requested, yes. All off-topic comments will be removed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MyrtleDewDrops

MyrtleDewDrops Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    suggestion: more staff. more advertising of the server. bringing back survival (especially now that the summer is here). and fixing all bugs.
    love myrtle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. matthew65536

matthew65536 Member

I have a few suggestions.
    1. When survival is brought back up, we as a community should make sure we say something about any exploits (that is kinda why survival crapped out in the first place)
    2.more staff (as someone on here has mentioned)
    3. More advertising (The server should have an active Facebook and twitter account and probably a youtube channel if possible)
    4. add challenges/quests to skyblock, towny, and survival
    5. if at all, make the plots bigger when survival comes out again. (maybe 200 by 200)
    6. A teamspeak (or discord) channel free to access for each individual server, (skyblock having their own, survival having their own, etc...)
    7. Maybe a cowcraft client?

• Like Like x 5
  6. I0wnu4life

I0wnu4life Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    Suggestion:
    Reset the application amount so people that have applied before, and have been denied can have another 2 chances to get staff.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bowzerrr

Bowzerrr Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    Honestly i understand why other servers were added but factions in my opinion is what made cowcraft great. I understand many of you reading this would not have been around for the good old days and quite frankly, you missed out! The community we had was second to none. great staff, great players! Just a great fucking time playing this game.

I know factions has relaunched a few times trying to recapture what made it great and failed. I do believe this was due to incompetent/immature staff each time.

The last time a certain Admin would tp to player bases and then on his alt he would raid your base the next day.

I feel if factions does get reset it needs to have mature staff who DO NOT play on alts(admin only) to succeed. They will focus solely on keeping factions fun and interesting by adding new events etc.. I know this is an unfair request for most people as in the end this is a game, and we are all here to have fun. I just think this is what could benefit the server.

In regards to the whole server. I feel that staff should be server specific. 1 admin 2 mods for example on each. These people should not have staff on any of the other servers.

#7 Bowzerrr, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Wob_

Wob_ Active Member

there is one

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Leaxvx

Administrator

In regards to your suggestion, I get where you are coming from with you having stated before the suggestion that Factions needs mature staff who do not abuse and preferably do not even play. I can see the occasional Helper being immature, but hopefully not our Mods and/or Admins, or else they shouldn't have even been promoted, and risk getting demoted. Because of this I feel as tho all staff having ranks on all servers shouldn't be a problem. But having staff be server specific could cause problems.

Say there's only one or two staff online, but they are Creative server staff, and there was a hacker on Kitpvp.... welp, too bad. They can't do shit about it. Or say there was no staff online so the players use /helpop to get someone to take care of the hacker... well chances of that working are small because only a few select staff would be able to help and they may not even be available. What I'm trying to say is, it's more beneficial that whoever is available would be able to help, instead of someone being available, but they are useless.

I have seen this method be very successful on other servers, but with our current player-base and staff team size, I don't think it would be necessary. I fact, I would quit lol, and I wouldn't be surprised if others did to. I'd much prefer to be able to contribute as much as I can and would hate to have come this far then get restricted to a small corner of the server.

My suggestion: I'm sure this is on the todo list, and can't really be done until all returning servers are up, but the rules need updated. And we need a new easily accessible official rules page/ thread on the website because > this < is so old, and I know we have some server specific rules too, so those need acknowledged.

10. Bowzerrr

Bowzerrr Active Member

Factions needs dedicated staff who are available to improve server and look for cheaters. Last time factions reset people were going around in pro 4 and had many spawners within the first day.Staff were either playing on alts or in creative/survival. Players should not have to go looking for staff to report cheating because they are playing on other servers.We have all seen it when players come to factions from kitpvp spamming "hacker on kitpvp". Staff who do not play factions will not know anything about it. You said if there were 2 staff on creative then nothing could be done. This is exactly the problem. Faction staff would be on factions, where they should be. Not playing on creative! If no staff were on then get rid of the inactive ones or get more staff members.

If i had an issue on factions with someone x raying my base, how would some random mod/admin who plays on creative be able to help me? Making staff positions for individual servers would only improve things. If it is going to make staff quit then maybe they shouldn't be staff in the first place? seems like a power thing to me rather than helping the players. Factions is different from creative,kitpvp,survival. Cheating is common practice and needs people knowledgeable in this to counteract it.

I would suggest a staff rank be made or amended which does have access across all of the servers. These staff members should be proven to be non biased and mature enough for the role.

#10 Bowzerrr, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  11. Leaxvx

Administrator

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If staff are biased/ imature/ abusive then they shouldn't even be staff. This is why we start staff out at Trainee, then they work their way up once they prove themselves. Also, I said if there were only staff on creative, nothing could be done IF we went with your idea. Yes factions should have dedicated staff, but that doesn't mean they can't have their rank elsewhere too incase help is needed on other servers and they are available. Even if a staff member knows nothing about Factions, as long as they have the ability to help or common sense to seek out someone who can solve the issue, they shouldn't need to be restricted to a single server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. anavelle

anavelle Member

Jesus Christ, all this shade about abusing admins tping to people's bases and raiding them the next day. Might as well @ the dude we all know that wre're talking about skibo here.

The only people here that know anything about cheating is nidavil_nick and I. Nick being a dev for clients and myself for being a closet cheating scum.

13. Bowzerrr

Bowzerrr Active Member

I actually wasn't talking about Skibo, never seen the guy online enough to be able to cheat! Not on his staff account anyway :)

14. MyrtleDewDrops

deniability also cheated a few times. like by giving his brother a bunch of items of creative mode (even items that are not possible to get like wither heads things). he also came on my island once and killed all my villagers (this was confirmed by another staff that i skipped at the time). basically the staff here sucks (been better recently ish).

from myrt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

It was @Cowvinn, he was demoted immediately after I found out about it. Such abuse isn't acceptable and it will get you demoted without a warning.

I feel like you're not giving any context to the situation. The spawning might of been part of testing an issue, I am not really sure why would a staff member just come to a user's island and just kill all of villagers. It's not logical, you stated that another staff member confirmed this. Please provide me with the staff's username.

16. Nidavil

Nidavil Active Member

free my boy calvin he did nothing wrong

17. MyrtleDewDrops

cuz Den hated me and my island members...

sorry but i aint no snitch.

and another thing. u didn't mention the part about him giving his brother items from creative?? thats worse than the villager thing. @Edy lets not sweep things under the carpet. that aint cool.

18. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Then why are you complaining in first place? If you're not willing to provide info and proof of abuse I can't do anything. You're wasting both mine and yours time by even posting a complaint.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. MyrtleDewDrops

edy wtf??? i dune mentioned staff cheating soon i added my own situations in which a staff member cheated. its not like i texted you and said yo this staff cheated. i was legit just adding on and agreeing with the first guy.
    and yet again u don't talk about how Den did in fact cheat and gave his bro items from creative. the thing is is that u know about this already and Den even made up some poor excuse for it. there for admitting he did so. and u didn't do shit. like bruh wtf

20. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

[​IMG]
    I did mention it here, I guess you missed it? However I am not agreeing nor denying since I don't know if he did do that or not. I personally don't remember him spawning something for his brother, if I knew about it then there was a reason why he spawned it. I am not in the mood to argue about this and quite frankly getting sick of constant arguing about how bad staff is.

If you have an issue with staff member abusing, use report section with proof and it will be looked into it. This thread isn't the place to argue about who's the worst staff member is. If you're not willing to provide proof or usernames because you don't want to be snitch then that's fine, but it limits me to what I can actually do about it.