Reset Helper Applications

Should Helper Applications be Reset?

• Yes

16/24 Votes (66.7%)
  • No

8/24 Votes (33.3%)

Krakenkat

I used all my applications a long time ago, and I know so have a lot of other active players. So I was thinking, since CowCraft doesn't really have many active staff anymore and needs all the help it can get, you guys should reset the Helper Applications and give some of us another chance. I really want to help out the server to keep it from dieing.

HupTiz_Azza

I have spoken to Jordan about applying, it seems until otherwise just get the questions they ask you in the application, write out the answers in an application form and send it to Jordan :) Good luck on applying, CC can always do with more help

JordanSemo

Administrator
Helper Applications will not be reset, unfortunately. However due to the increasing demand for staff I am taking on applications.
If you think you have what it takes to be staff on cowcraft, please forward any applications to me. (this does not go for player who still have pending applications)

Leaxvx

Whats the application template? :>

This is the template:
----------------------------------
Member Name:

What is your timezone?

What is your real name?

How old are you?

What is your Skype username?

Please define the following words:
TPS
Latency
Java
Bukkit
Plugin
FPS

Do you know how to take a screenshot?

Why should we accept you as staff?

What do you think are good qualities a staff member should have?

How would you handle a stressful situation?

What server do you normally play on?

What server commands and plugins are you familiar with?

How long have you been playing on CowCraft?

How long can you be on each day?

Do you understand that you will put most your time towards helping people rather than playing on the server?

Nidavil

Why do you ask people for these? Just wondering seems kind of useless.
TPS
Latency
Java
Bukkit
Plugin
FPS

Why do you ask people for these? Just wondering seems kind of useless.
TPS
Latency
Java
Bukkit
Plugin
FPS
We ask these questions because before considering a person for staff we need to know if they have basic knowledge of Minecraft and how the server functions.

Nidavil

We ask these questions because before considering a person for staff we need to know if they have basic knowledge of Minecraft and how the server functions.
These questions are so random why would a helper need to know what Bukkit, tps or latency is

Leaxvx

lmao anyone can just look this up. Dumb questions.
Yes but we do not allow copied and pasted answers, applicants must write the definitions in their own words. It doesn't matter if someone looks the words up, because then they know what the words mean lol.

It's okay that you disagree, you don't have to apply.

Edy

Owner
These questions are so random why would a helper need to know what Bukkit, tps or latency is
Those questions don't really determine whether or not user is accepted, you can get accepted even if your answers are wrong. However it does show if user actually tries to understand it and answer in own words or if they copy / paste. It's more of a psychological questions rather than staff related.

As for resetting staff application limit, I don't really have an issue with that. Might even consider removing the limit and making applications public so other users could comment to get community more involved when picking new staff members.

Nidavil

Those questions don't really determine whether or not user is accepted, you can get accepted even if your answers are wrong. However it does show if user actually tries to understand it and answer in own words or if they copy / paste. It's more of a psychological questions rather than staff related.

As for resetting staff application limit, I don't really have an issue with that. Might even consider removing the limit and making applications public so other users could comment to get community more involved when picking new staff members.
Oh ok

Zinex

Yes but we do not allow copied and pasted answers, applicants must write the definitions in their own words. It doesn't matter if someone looks the words up, because then they know what the words mean lol.

It's okay that you disagree, you don't have to apply.
Yeah it'll take a genius to just look at the definition and explain it in other words lol

MyrtleDewDrops

great idea to have the community involved!!! i really think u should do that.

earlobe2

I like the idea of having unlimited apps, maybe have a cooldown though of a month or so? I think that should be trialed first before apps become public and people can see them. I see the benefits of having them public, people will step up their game to showcase their knowledge to not only staff but other players. Public apps will also stop silly submissions as everyone will see it, and not want them staff in the future if they write a serious one later.

Although, having them public could mean it just ends up as a thread that goes completely off topic and full of keyboard rages from players who may not like the applicant. Imagine if @firedaggersnoob app was public, oh god, the rage people would've had.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents. Feel free to roast below :)