oof

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by _Lifes, Jan 5, 2018.

1. _Lifes

_Lifes Member

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    I'm not sure what the plan is with the server for the future, I don't own it and I really would't want to own it. But I just want to know why every thing is nostalgia-based. I can see why you're doing it but I don't see it sustaining a server. I mean, I don't know how to run a server, nor would I want to run one, but I just want this place to stay alive. Look at survival. From what I heard there wasn't much change from the old map to the current one. There was a whole bunch of hype at launch and then nothing ever changed and now no one is playing survival. I am worried the same thing will happen with factions if nothing new is implemented.

2. Angry_Squid

Angry_Squid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Edy said the main reason he's keeping the server around is nostalgia so I guess he's updating the server in a way that reflects this.

3. _Lifes

_Lifes Member

But the server won't attract new people and stay alive if its not new.

4. Angry_Squid

Angry_Squid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Keeping the server nice, updated and new takes time and Edy has school. It's not what the players want but Edy does as Edy do cause he's the owner.
    "I got school, so less time for mc. I guess I am keeping it alive for nostalgia."-Edy

5. _Lifes

_Lifes Member

hire a dev.

6. I0wnu4life

I0wnu4life Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    Keep in mind that Edy is actually a human, and has to do things to keep the server running (MONEY), he is also a college student (TIME) he doesn't have the time to do these things. He is working on college work, paying for a high-quality dev will only hurt Edy in the REAL WORLD. Keep that in mind.

7. _Lifes

_Lifes Member

I've seen a lot of money be donated from survival launch and factions launch, I just feel like some of the not-so-nostalgic things that would help the server could be done actually without a dev.