Official Factions Update #1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Xenoxidation, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Xenoxidation

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    Hey hey hey! Happy New Years! (Or New Years Eve!)

Get hyped!!! Factions is releasing on the third day of January 2018 at 11 PM CET! For those of you located in the US, that is 5 PM Eastern Time, 4 PM Central Time, 3 PM Mountain Time, and 2 PM Pacific Time on the same day! We will be launching right on the minute, so be sure to be present if you want to be the first ones on the server!

Mob arena:
    [​IMG]

1v1 Arenas:
    [​IMG]
    1v1 Arena Leaderboard:
    [​IMG]

We also have a factions ranking system!
    [​IMG]
    Expected Q&A's:

Q1. Will I have my rank?!! What about unlimited sethomes/jelly legs??
    A1. Yes! All ranks that you won from the crates/from donating will transfer over to this factions reset. All perks including unlimited homes/jelly legs will also carry over.

Q2. TNT?
    A2. Yes!!! However, there will be a 10 day grace period so factions may start building without the fear of being blown up.

Q3. Will there be a donate.cowcraft.net sale?
    A3. There will most likely be a 25% off New Years/Factions release sale! Hype!

Q4. Are alt factions allowed? What about alt accounts in factions?
    A4. No alt factions. One real player may have one alt account in their faction.

Q5. How many players per faction? How much power per person? Can we get negative power?
    A5. 20 players. 10 power per person. Yes, negative power will occur this factions reset.

Q6. Can I break obsidian with TNT? What about with creeper eggs?
    A6. Yes! 5 hits with TNT will break obsidian, but creeper eggs will not break obsidian at all. The 5 hit durability rule applies to enchanting tables as well as enderchests.

Q7. Can I scam players?
    A7. You're a terrible person to do so, but scamming is not bannable. Trade at your own risk.

Q8. How are auctions going to work?
    A8. We've implemented the old auction system. Hold an item in your hand and do /auc start [quantity you want to auc] [starting price]. You can also /bid [minimum bid] [Amount you're willing to bid up to] (Prevents bid sniping).

Q9. Are keys going to be a thing again?
    A9. Yes! We are going to make diamond and gold keys more accessible through events (Parkour, Key hunt, KOTHs, coordinate dash, etc). Vote keys will also be available circa 2 weeks after launch. Note that diamond and gold keys have been nerfed from the previous reset.

Q10. Will bans be reset? I've been a bad boy, and I'm banned, but I really want to play!!
    A10. Yes! In honor of the factions reset, everyone will be unbanned!

Q11. Will there be a warp wild? What about claims around warp wild?
    A11. Yes! This time, there will also be claims around nether wild and end wild.

Q12. What events can I win keys in?
    A12. There will be KOTHs, in which you and your faction will need to occupy a space for 10 minutes without being knocked out of a given region. KOTHs will occur at a regular predictable interval and KOTHs will be the most common way of obtaining keys. Server admins may hide random keys at random coordinates and broadcast the coordinates. These events will occur randomly. There is also a brand new parkour map, and winners (Probably 1st 3 finishers) will earn key prizes. Lastly, there will be events where about 20 keys will randomly be stashed around a certain map. PvP will be enabled, and /ec (and all its variations) will be disabled.

Here are some pics of the new parkour!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----

Refer to this link for information on donor/default kits. If there are any remaining questions, post them below, and I (or another staff member) will answer them.

we will be working on skyblock after factions release! Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. intermittents

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    can't wait!! :D

3. Jefreyy

Helper

Super excited about factions!

4. korry

Can't wait for factions launch!!

5. RevelusMaximus

Trainee

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    So excited! :)

6. _Lifes

_Lifes Member

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    i really dislike that spawn but ok

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. J2JayJon

J2JayJon New Member

cool beans.

8. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

That's understandable, spawn isn't supposed to look good. The point was to bring nostalgia to players who played back when CowCraft was factions only server.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • wat wat x 1