Hoppers and some other misc stuff

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by MysticDicc, Apr 23, 2018.

1. MysticDicc

MysticDicc New Member

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    Firstly id like to mention that i dont think hoppers with minecarts have a limit and that should probably be introduced as im sure somebody smarter than myself could take advantage of that.

I understand the limiting of the hoppers to 60 per island as im sure it helps to deal with a large amount of lag on some ridiculous islands, however it feels like the speeds of the hoppers has also been nerfed and this becomes a big issue when you start to make bigger farms, espescially as there is no other way to pick up items or to put them into chests efficiently. Also Im not sure if it is already as Im quite blind but there should probably be somewhere around spawn that explains the hopper limitation so that new players can build with that in mind.

Id also like to address the chunks loaded by each player, as not many players are on at a time it would be beneficial if this could be increased as it can cause strange issues with mob loading that makes mob farming challenging, espescially as its hard to plan around as things dont act as they should.

Heres a list of current issues that i believe have already been brought up:
    > Lack of items being sold in shops, not a major issue as there is normally somebody on who could sell you what is needed however it would be nice to have a variety in the shop too.
    > Lava
    > Saplings
    > Sponge
    > Name tags
    (impossible to get through fishing unless added to the mcmmo rewards list manually)
    > Mobs despawning when they shouldnt, even occasionally named mobs
    > Hard to catch staff online in my time zone (GMT), although they are not often needed as there are other players to help out
    > The top of everything is the same 3 players that are rarely online, if possible the leaderboards at spawn should only show players that have been on the past 3-5 days to show the best active players rather than players who grinded for the levels and then stopped playing. This may seem like a dig at those players but I can understand not wanting to play when you are comfortably on top.

I understand that this is a lot to go through and that due to Edy's schooling and general lack of time that these changes could take a lot of time to implement if they are implemented at all, as a long time player I appreciate the work that has been put into the server over the years and Im glad that despite the lower player base than "the good old days" Edy is still making changes to the server and a lot of the staff remain active.

2. Angry_Squid

Angry_Squid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Idk I think the leaderboards are perfect.

3. MysticDicc

MysticDicc New Member

Of course you would

Ive been thinking a good day to do it would be to only have the leaderboards update once a day right after the reset, would mean that whoever got on there would get to be there for a day atleast

4. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Online on Hub
    Items you listed weren't added to shop on purpose. Idea was to add them to vote crates. Mobs despawning is most likely caused by a plugin so it should be fairly easy to fix it. As for leaderboards, I could add top three weekly or monthly leaderboards too.

5. MysticDicc

MysticDicc New Member

A weekly and monthly thing would be great, maybe get an extra crate or two once you add in vote crates as a reward? could possibly be only given to 1 of the top 10 or so thats randomly chosen so its not always just handed to the first person, could get annoying after a while. might encourage more people to play more often.
    Until the items are added to vote crates is it possible to let admins sell some of these items for a high cost? some of the more intricate farms require name tags and so does proper villager spawning so it could be useful to have them. lava and sponges are less important though as you get a decent amount of lava from the nether and sponges arent used that often. if possible it might be an idea if somebody writes up a small guide for CC skyblock so people know where to find lava and such.
    The mob issue is actually yet to affect me, i only listed it so as to get all of the major issues in one place so it would be easy for people to find a reply, im glad that it should be easy to fix though I imagine its annoying to happen.

Thanks for getting back to me!