Factions Update!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Xenoxidation, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Xenoxidation

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    Hey CowCraft!

Staff has been working hard on factions for the past week, and here's what we have for you.

1. Though Edy hasn't really set an ETA for factions, I personally don't see it taking more than 2 weeks to launch. (Disclaimer: This is MY estimate of how long factions will take to launch, and could be inaccurate.)

2. We've added new 1v1 arenas, a new economy, balanced shop prices, balanced donor kits, and nerfed crate rewards.

3. Factions will NOT be based off an AFK-economy, where the more you AFK, the more money you make. (This is not the same as disallowing AFKers. The money you might make from being AFK is so insignificant, it won't be worth it.)

4. Alt factions will NOT be allowed, and any attempt to thwart this rule will result in the disbandment of the alt faction. (And possibly the main faction as well! So don't even try!)

5. The factions server is not whitelisted, and you may explore if you wish. The new world has not been loaded to prevent players from marking spawners prior to the reset.
    ----

Here are the kits we've decided on for this upcoming reset.
    (Only exclusive kits for a specific rank are listed; for example Overlord lists "/kit cratekeys", but Mythic has access as well. Armor and rank specific kits are exclusive to the rank. [/kit armor5 is only given to Overlords. /kit armor6 is only given to Mythics, /kit armor1 is only given to supporters.])

Mythic:
    /kit Armor6: Full set of Protection IV diamond armor, 1 Sharpness V Fire II sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit Mythic: 16 steak, 20 gold ingots, 48 iron ingots, 16 diamonds, 64 XP bottles (5 day cool-down)

Overlord:
    /kit Armor5: Full set of Protection III Unbreaking I diamond armor, 1 Sharpness IV Fire II sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit Overlord: 16 steak, 16 gold ingots, 40 iron ingots, 10 diamonds, 64 XP bottles (5 day cool-down)
    /kit Cratekeys: 1 diamond key, 2 gold keys (2 week cool-down)
    /kit creeper: 64 TNT, 64 Obsidian, 2 creeper eggs (3 day cool-down)

Titan:
    /kit Armor4: Full set of Protection III diamond armor, 1 Sharpness III Fire II sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit Titan: 16 steak, 12 gold ingots, 32 iron ingots, 8 diamonds, 64 XP bottles (5 days cool-down)
    /kit Gapple: 1 enchanted golden apple (7 day cool-down)
    /kit Ores: 8 iron blocks, 4 gold blocks, 2 diamond blocks, 1 emerald block (2 day cool-down)

CowGod:
    /kit Armor3: Full set of Protection III diamond armor, 1 Sharpness III Fire II sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit CowGod: 16 steak, 8 gold ingots, 24 iron ingots, 6 diamond, 64 XP bottles (3 day cool-down)
    /kit Potion: All the ingredients needed to make a variety of potions [No netherwart](1 day cool-down)

Elite:
    /kit Armor2: Full set of Protection II Unbreaking I diamond armor, Sharpness II Fire I sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit Elite: 16 steak, 4 gold ingots, 16 iron ingots, 4 diamonds, 64 XP bottles (3 day cool-down)

Supporter:
    /kit Armor1: Full set of Protection I Unbreaking I armor, Sharpness I, Fire I, Unbreaking I sword (1 week cool-down)
    /kit Supporter: 16 steak, 2 gold ingots, 8 iron ingots, 2 diamond, 64 XP bottles (3 day cool-down)

Default:
    /kit Starter: Full set of Protection I diamond armor, Full set of weakly enchanted diamond tools (Lvl. I), 2 stacks of steak, 5 golden apples, 8 enderpearls, 8 chests, 16 logs. (3 day cool-down)
    /kit Cannon: All the essentials you need to build a mighty cannon! (14 day cool-down)
    /kit food: 16 steak, 3 golden apples (1 day cool-down)
    /kit Healing: 9 Splash Healing II potions (1 day cool-down)
    ---

As always, we are open to the community's suggestions on kits. I made these kits trying not to give an overwhelming advantage to donors. If your suggestions are reasonable and valid, we may adjust/add kits as necessary.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. iminer

iminer Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
  3. korry

Can't wait for launch! :)

4. RevelusMaximus

Trainee

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    Tnt enabled/disabled? keen!!

5. Xenoxidation

Administrator

TNT will be disabled for a little bit in the start, but we will have TNT for this factions reset!

6. GraveyardPixie

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Okay so a few questions:
    1. How much power will each player have?
    2. How will creeper eggs be obtained through non-donors?
    3. How many hits of TNT will it take to break obsidian?

7. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

10 power, Non-donors can get keys through events which give them the chance of having creeper eggs, TNT takes 5 hits to explode obsidian I believe.

8. _BatteryPack_

_BatteryPack_ Member

Shit kits, never listen to the community

#8 _BatteryPack_, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  9. GraveyardPixie

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    I do think the kits are a bit over powered. As soon as a player starts out they could get 7 sets of diamond armor which makes the cool downs kind of useless. My suggestion would be to completely trash the /kit armors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

If it was to be like that, why not make it so that whatever rank only gets their rank kit. So CowGod wouldn't get Supporter's kit, only CowGods. I think that would be most fair

11. Xenoxidation

Administrator

You're allowed to give suggestions and be mature instead calling everything "shit." Also, we do listen to the community. A total of 22 HG kits were suggested by the community, and @MrWhydoicare and I have implemented 19 of them into our hungergames server. Go check them out if you don't believe me!

It's been nerfed so only each specific rank will get their rank kit. Mythics will now only have access to /kit mythic and /kit armor6, and not the lower armor/rank kits.
    Just to add to what @StevenMatrix said, creeper eggs will not break obsidian.
    That's actually a good idea. It's done.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

You seem to think the whole community is you. No one listens to you because you're toxic and incapable of giving constructive criticism. Your comment is pointless and doesn't help in any positive way. Looks like you're still stuck in that childish mindset.

Pretty much what @StevenMatrix said.

EDIT:
    Rip seems like @Xenoxidation responded right before me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

This is all just thoughts, I don't know what's possible with the staff team and not possible they're just ideas. Mix and match, nerf and buff as you please

Mythic:

/kit Cegg (1 or 2 week cooldown) 1 creeper egg
    Overlord:
    /kit enchant (1, 2, 3 day cooldown) 32 exp bottles, a random "god" tier book of a select few Protection 4, Sharpness 5, Power 5, Infinity 1, Unbreaking 3, Looting 3, Depth Strider 3 (I think the point is made)
    Titan:
    /kit grind (1 week cooldown) 3 Haste Potions (Ext), Looting 3 diamond sword

Elite:
    /kit credits (2 day cooldown) 5 credits, not too harmful or game breaking with McMMO
    Couldn't think of anything else for Supporter and Cowgod, Cowgod has Potions which was a good idea. The problem with coming up with kits is that you don't want a donor to have everything they need right at the beginning since this is an underpowered/normal factions server. Enjoy

14. Xenoxidation

Administrator

Will definitely consider the McMMO credit kit. Other ones seem a little too specific, and I don't want to give donors more advantages.

15. _BatteryPack_

_BatteryPack_ Member

haha xx

16. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

Exactly, that's why it's hard to think of those kinds of kits, they also don't need to many because the kits aren't just all the rank gives, the perks are basically kits too with how much they help