Factions ftop and reset

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Edy, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Online on Hub
    The factions winners are:
    1. bub
    2. GucciGang
    3. Ethereal
    4. Colgate
    5. Delta
    Every faction leader will be contacted (or contact me on website / discord) for the rewards. I seen lots of suggestions and majority of them seem reasonable. Feel free to use this thread for suggesting stuff for next reset. If you posted a suggestion already, you can re-post them here to get some discussions going. Even if I don't reply, I read each and every suggestion.

My discord: Edy#3576

• Like Like x 1
  2. weirdfoot

weirdfoot Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    I 100% agree but instead of a chance of losing it maybe just make it cost money to mine player placed spawners after 30 mins of them being placed. Berserk doesn't work just like tree feller.

3. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

Just a repost, of the things I feel passionate about with factions

So I've had some disagreements with have spawners work, their values and their importance to the server. Now I understand that the purpose was to make it so that it isn't afk alt accounts 24/7 and win the map. Especially with there being a money reward on the server for top 5 factions. But it comes to seem that real potential is being wasted. Things should be swapped around and it's ridiculous that they're like this. First thing's first, Zombie pigmen spawners, 750k, 3% chance to get one in gold crates and 5% chance to get 2 in diamonds. Nothing is useful with these spawners, they're a zombie spawner with 15x the value because gold isn't sellable, so, the spawner has absolutely no point in even existing on this server with that said. So what's the smart thing to do, put useful spawners on f top that people have a point in getting such as creeper spawners, they drop gunpowder. This is SELLABLE and USEFUL unlike zombie pigmen spawners. They'd also be worth more if they were in /spawners which I would personally price around 1 million. Gunpowder is used for TNT which yknow, is needed for factions. It's also for brewing, and is sellable on the shop. This is a MUCH better add to f top than zombie pigmen and it should really be changed for this map.

This is simply what I complain about in game bc I'm bored grinding blazes. Some of it was told won't happen but I have also been told to post on the forums, this is also bugs I've come across that are broken or whatever

Okay let's start off with the bugs

MCMMO
    Tree Feller doesn't work
    Unarmed isn't how it's supposed to be, you should not be able to pick up what you disarm off of people
    I suggest level caps or else it's pretty broken and we should try to avoid that situation. Along with this I'd suggest taking 200 mcmmo credits from diamond chest because that would affect level caps. Only for combat ones

Archery 250
    Axes 250
    Swords 500
    Unarmed 300

This is my personal belief on the fairness of those stats, Unarmed on 300 is around 10% chance which is realistically 10 hits. The higher axes goes the easier it is to break armor. Archery dazing is overpowered and makes me lag on this server (might be just me but still)

Next off, f top. F top needs some fixing, I get that not every spawner is supposed to be up, that's totally fair and okay. But If an enderman spawners and slime spawners should be added do to their worth and value. ZP needs to be fixed and I've already suggested creepers to f top.

Now we talk about /donate. With faction top rewards coming out up to 350$, more things need to be added to shop, it's just ranks and keys. I suggest

Powerboost
    Cash
    Trench picks
    p5 sharp 6 power 6 etc
    Looting 4 (also add to koths not on a hoe)

And for shop

Shop only has a few fixes. Gold is completely useless, I have enough gapples to last me the next 2 maps. Gold needs a money value so it can be useful, especially with zombie pigman spawners at 750k. And for spawners, Slime balls are 5$ and so are iron ingots, iron golem spawners are 2mil while slime spawners are 500k? That can be abused so hard and prices will be nerfed on them which is why I haven't made one, along with they do not count on f top, a few ways to fix, make slime balls 1.25 to sell, or make iron ingots 20$ to sell. Basically just balance. Obsidian is way too expensive, especially with creeper eggs, It takes 1 creeper egg on top of sand to raid an entire base without obsidian, I saw just cut the price in half or something. Most people I talk to agree.

This server is completely built off of blaze spawners, yes, there are over 100 in the nether, and you have access to them in /shop. BUT What about the new players that come in and either can't mine them or don't have the money to buy them. I don't think this is fair and there should be other ways that are efficient and won't be nerfed.

Ranks, one of the ranks should include /kit potion, brewing supplies or the potions themselves. Cooldowns should be nerfed just a little bit as they can realistically be used once or twice a map. SuperVIP doesn't give me /dis mooshroom anymore either ):

Bugs in general:
    Faction allies can't fly in ally territory
    Mob stacking glitches once in a while
    Can ally more than 3 people if you do it right :p
    If you type /f show, faction kills, deaths, and balance are incorrect.
    /nd toggle fall doesn't work for me and I got jelly legs.

Holes in a few places like spawn, doesn't really matter but I'm putting it in so people don't talk about that stupid crap. Doesn't actually matter just don't be stupid!

Leaderboards and better rewards for ma j would be nice

That's all I can remember as of right now, comment your thoughts and opinions or additions !

#3 StevenMatrix, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  4. bruhhhhhhhhh

bruhhhhhhhhh Member

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    bub always on the top ^ #1

5. Angry_Squid

Angry_Squid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Last I saw, Ethereal was 2nd? At least on Feb 1st 3am PST they were.

[03:40:18] 1. bub $85,632,491.18
    [03:40:18] 2. Ethereal $27,209,704.63
    [03:40:18] 3. GucciGang $22,666,261.29
    [03:40:18] 4. Colgate $17,944,725.26
    [03:40:18] 5. Delta $11,785,127.68

6. weirdfoot

weirdfoot Member

If that's the case then clearly It was accounted before then. :pokerface:

7. Angry_Squid

I mean it's possible but seems unlikely because IIRC Edy is in PST time zone and he said "Top five factions will receive rewards at start of the next month!", start of next month being 12AM. So, for all Edy's statements to be accurate, that means between 12AM and 3:40AM Edy got the ftop data and, after Edy checked but before 3:40AM Ethereal passed Guccigang.
    My guess is that you're probably right and Edy or someone else checked on the 30th or 31st and that info was used for the ftop rewards. I was looking forward to seeing Kayla's fac at 3rd place but I'll live :p
    It's just that... Kayla's mean

8. weirdfoot

weirdfoot Member

So, In reality you're just trying to be as petty as possible because someone is "Mean"? Sheesh.

9. Angry_Squid

Not just someone, Kayla's mean.
    There is all the conflicting information I explained and there are more questions that could be asked but I don't care about it beyond my own petty motives.

10. Baccam16

Baccam16 New Member

Just remember, GucciGang has lots of staff/players that are really close to Edy in that faction. That might have something to do with Edy's decision.

11. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Online on Hub
    No lol, I am against any form of cheating. I have demoted plenty of staff that have attempted to cheat in past. There's no logical reason why I would favor staff over other players. Me being in favor of staff would have negative impact both on me and server.

The ftop was taken at a random day at the end of this month. This is to prevent factions from mining their spawners before they log off. Not knowing when the ftop is taken forces factions to keep spawners in their bases. I guess this wasn't made clear, will make sure to make it clear in the upcoming reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Xenoxidation

Administrator

No. I counted f top without Edy even knowing what date f top was being counted. I have no reason to be biased to any faction..

As said, f top was taken randomly. Check the screenshot if you'd like.

Attached Files: