CowCraft Classic

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Edy, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Next big update is going to be focused on nostalgia and the old cowcraft. Meaning, factions server with that old awful wool spawn in a cave. For many past updates of factions I been trying to do something new and better, but this time focus is going to be on the old factions with few additions such as koth. However, tnt is going to be enabled since I can't see factions being successful without tnt.

The point of this thread is to get suggestions for what makes a server nostalgic and what you would like to see. Suggestions are not limited to factions server, I just took that as a example since it the oldest server.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MyrtleDewDrops

MyrtleDewDrops Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    (first)

you are talking mostly about faction here but ima mention skyblock. cuz i REALLY want the old sb spawn area. the one that had the cute trading areas and the shop (side note: id like both shops. the one of /shop and that physical one at spawn). if u do bring this back i think u should add a pvp arena cuz I'm pretty sure that spawn area did not have a pvp arena. and maybe this time it can be more than just a whole in the ground.
    to add to that i just want to say that if this change of spawns is ez then do it but if it takes time off other things like survival maybe its better to prioritise.
    i also liked having challenges on sb those were dope.

from myrt

#2 MyrtleDewDrops, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Nidavil

Nidavil Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    Just limit tnt, make it so no big tryhaard cannons can be made and limit the restone + tnt per chunk so people can only use the old hybrids. Also limit the buffer a faction can claim so people can make small bases.

I still think tnt is no good so we can make nice bases like we did that map we did the base in the mountain. I suggest no tnt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MyrtleDewDrops

i personally don't play faction or know much about factions... but... isn't the point of faction to make a base with you knowing it can be broken down if founded? if so then txt is very important for the game of faction so ppl can actually raid a base.
    (this is coming from someone who doesn't know much about factions. so I'm not a good source )

5. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

We have a lot of builds and spawns that were never used just sitting around dev server. I was thinking of using those for server resets and making exception for factions. Not really sure what is the point of signs shop when we do have the /shop. It just becomes a hassle to maintain and add or remove signs for items. It's a lot easier and faster to do this kind of thing from plugin's config. Better pvp arena could be definitely added. Skyblock challenges and various other fixes can only be added if skyblock server was to reset. I am limited to what I can actually do with the current plugin we're using.

No tnt could maybe work with a large amount of users, factions with no tnt used to have 300+ players online and it was a lot easier to inside raid someone. It's not as easy when you know pretty much everyone on server, there simply would be no raiding. However, I do like the idea of limiting redstone and tnt per chunk. Issue with that is, what if someone designs a cannon across multiple chunks while making each chunk exceed the limit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nidavil

Nidavil Active Member

then that person has no life

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. GraveyardPixie

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    For Factions, may I suggest not starting out with diamond armor or tools? Perhaps leather armor and some stone tools, or nothing at all. Every faction server I join is too overpowered and quite frankly is super boring. Let your players earn their stuff, its no fun when everything is handed to you. Also, donator kits - I hope you choose to not make them so op either.. but still be worth buying a donator rank. Good luck with the server! I have high hopes this will be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. GraveyardPixie

I played cowcraft factions where TNT was disabled, much better than any other factions where TNT was enabled. I loved making beautiful houses and stuff without having the worry someone will blow up my base. It gave me much more to focus on other than the layers of protection I will need.. plus players wont need 30 people in their faction to have enough claims to defend their base. The world also looks better without millions of explosions everywhere.

9. MyrtleDewDrops

i disagree with most things u said. seems like u are talking about creative when u say that u want to build beautiful things without them getting destroyed... what's the point of factions if u can't raid ppl and explode there shit.
    to me it sounds more like creative (as i said before) and survival.

plz don't be offended this is my opinion and this as i already said is coming from someone that docent play much factions... i just don't want this to turn into an argument.

love myrt

10. GraveyardPixie

Cant disagree with that, its a lot like survival.. but I found it more fun to overclaim a base than TNTing through one ;p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bowzerrr

Bowzerrr Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    Edy is going old school. Finally! I'm confident this will bring a lot of the old factions players back!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. iminer

iminer Active Member

No armor kits pls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nidavil

Nidavil Active Member

No tnt for pretty bases (Cieran will love this)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Nidavil

Nidavil Active Member

Also edyyy you dont have to limit to a chunk, you can create a radius where you can check the amount of tnt entities in that radius.
    You can also maake it so people have to claim the area, with a special cannon claim, where they will make their cannons (from not allowing people to put tnt in dispensers unclaimed areas) and then check the tnt entities in that specific cannon claim.
    These are just ideas on how to limit tnt entities but still i would 100% prefer no tnt so we can build nice bases like good old times :D
    also you should limit facs to like 6-7 people with 1 ally or 0 allies. Lastly no gapples plis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

Stop with the damn keys, so many people abuse them and it ruins the entire server and the point of grinding out the first few days, they just have everything instantly for the price of a lucky 5-20$ The ranks shouldn't be too op but at least have a point to them, Make the faction limit smaller if you won't do tnt and try and make sure there are no alts, a 2-3 week auto kick system would help so much. How about making the staff not abuse the hell out of it and pick favorites too. The cancer of the chat goes on way too far and mutes should be given out more, DEFINITELY A CHUNK BUFFER EVEN IF YOU DO THE ALT THING. Try and keep it simple, dont go to complex, just suggestions obviously gl

16. StevenMatrix

StevenMatrix Member

Literally was typing that stuff while you posted it lmao

17. LizChlops

LizChlops Active Member

For towny:
    - Remove spawners on ccshop.
    I feel that buying spawners makes it easy to make money and makes towny boring after awhile.
    - Remove tools and armor on ccshop
    I think we should have to work for getting equipment and mine for ores.
    - Add a pvp arena
    -Have the nether and end reset
    I think it would be good to reset every month so we have new territory to explore.
    -Taxes should be heightened
    -Less mountains and more flat land

#17 LizChlops, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cierann

Cierann New Member

I do ;) There was nothing like walking into a Dwarvern Fortress or a block to block replica of helms deep that took f*cking forever to make xD
    I must say the old mini-games have to come back. They were actually fun and the course design for some of them were brilliant.

Also BRING BACK SHROOM BIOME MAN. Nothing beat good ol' PvP in Shroom xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bowzerrr

Bowzerrr Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    I would also agree with no tnt and smaller factions. I remember we built helms deep and many factions would attack us and we would defend. Fun times.Perhaps have no ally system. If people want to ally they can do so but nothing official.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. KaiChlops

KaiChlops Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    THE ZOMBIE STRIPPER

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1