Client support for 1.6 to 1.11

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Edy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Every server on CowCraft should now accept all clients from 1.6 to 1.11. Be aware that there could be some issues or even crashes when using 1.6 and 1.7 clients. In theory all clients from 1.4 and up should be accepted, but I have only tested 1.6 and up personally.

Creaitve, towny and skyblock are currently running on 1.11. While factions and kitpvp are running on 1.8, we're going to keep all of pvp based servers on 1.8 while the rest will be constantly updated to the latest minecraft version.

The next step will be cleaning up files of each server which will result in updating and fixing servers a lot faster in future. After that's done, survival server will launch once again. Factions and towny will reset, towny will be pretty much the same other than new world. As for factions, we will be going more into factions vanilla direction. Meaning there will be no features such as custom enchants.

More info about survival launch and resets will be posted as I get closer to them.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MyrtleDewDrops

MyrtleDewDrops Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    this thread got me exited lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. earlobe2

earlobe2 Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    Sorry if I missed something but why is towny getting reset?

Thanks for the updates Edy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I0wnu4life

I0wnu4life Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    Good Job edy keep up the good work

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MyrtleDewDrops

MyrtleDewDrops Active Member

even doe usually @Edy promises shit and they never get done... it actually seems like shit is getting done.
    I've seen more and more staff on during the week.
    i saw @Edy on a nice amount of times and he was fixing some shit on creative and sky block ect...
    also the ccshop is having some changes.
    lets hope that the good work sticks!

from the person you ALL love:
    Myrtle <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. astrinka95

astrinka95 Member

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    Thx Edy ol' buddy ol' pal

7. JordanSemo

Administrator

Noice

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. StillJustin

StillJustin Member

Thanks, Edy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. matthew65536

matthew65536 Member

When you said there might be crashes, weee you talking about the sever, website or both?

10. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

We were in progress of moving to a new host. Which is why servers and website were down.

11. MinecraftBenG11

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    considering you done all of this for us thanks, but are you able to figure out the issue about the creative god + perks because its sort of annoying me that I was waiting a year for that to be fixed up but never was. In replace of island world are you able to whip up something simple so it doesn't take up a lot of your time such being able to merge more than 4 plots together and a different color chat to recognize CG+ people. Thanks for your effort on the server so far but I've noticed that half of the CG+ players have left because they said there perks have been taken away from them and not so pleased about it. So can you replace those perk please? staff have told me to wait a month or so since last year, every one told me that and they told you but nothing has been done to solve this ongoing issue.
    On a positive note, I want to thank you for keeping this server running considering this is on of the most toughest times on cow craft. And all your effort you put into all of the servers.

Thanks Eddy,

With passion,
    Ben

12. koh1218

koh1218 New Member

1.7 doesn't work on factions. As soon as you join it says connection timed out. It works fine with 1.8.

13. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Will look into it, factions server has a lot of outdated plugins already.

14. xAzeem

xAzeem New Member

Its been years till Survival was opened up so. If this isn't fix my friend and I are going to need a refund for our in-game ranks espically when you made us a promise . If this isnt fix . Please refund the money. The games are not nice except in Survival so i dont want any ranks from another so fix this please. I have waited alot and i cant withstand it anymore

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. KaiChlops

KaiChlops Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    Even if it goes downwards I am 100% sure you're not getting a penny back, you know what you paid for

16. xAzeem

xAzeem New Member

If it's not getting fixed. What's the point of spending on it. Once i bought it . I decided to buy it because i thought it wouldn't be like this diaster. Come on if you bought a rank you would pay it not just for free for them to have it for free and do this. We can help to make the server create back Survival it is crazy. The Reality and the expectation come on. Last year you said that it is opening it isn't fair.

17. Leaxvx

Administrator

@ProudToBeUzbek See this button ---> [​IMG]

You didn't simply just purchase a rank, you made a Donation to CowCraft, and in return for your support received some cool perks. Donated money goes toward the sever, and I am sorry to say that you will not be receiving a refund. This was even stated in the 'Terms and Conditions' you were required to agree to before you purchased the rank.
    [​IMG]

I can completely relate to you as I had paid for Diamond rank on Survival. We apologize for the inconvenience of Survival not currently being available, it is a work in progress. When it's back up, players who previously had ranks WILL still have them as Edy has already said.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

Survival is coming back and it's our top priority at the moment. Survival should hopefully launch this month, anyone that bought ranks on it will still have the rank at the launch. You have to understand I am the only person that does all of the fixing and updating, on top of having to go to school everyday.

• Like Like x 5
  19. xAzeem

xAzeem New Member

Really it is 50% of the server enjoyed Survival . Why do u get rid of it for 3 years and years u made these expectaions of doing it . But please get this in your main task . I am now inpatient . Please . I just logged on Cowcraft it says 0/---- if u are the only person i want to help out too. I will apply one more time but i just want to be a builder.
    Sincerely , Azeem

20. Edy

Edy
    Owner Administrator

There were many reasons why it was removed and as I stated in my previous post it's the top priority at the moment. However, I can't guarantee if it's going to be launched this month since I have multiple tests and exams every week this month. I am sure many others that go to school are or will be having exams too. If survival does launch this month, it's going to be at the end of the month.