Book Reviews!

earlobe2

Hello,

To break away from the such positive threads going around *sarcasm* I created this thread for all you book worms out there (me included).

Here you can write a review of a book you have read, books your currently reading and help people with finding a great book for them or talking about any book related.

Many people these days say that they don't have to time to read a book but I fit it in my reading every morning and night before i get out of bed or go to sleep. Reading increases your vocab, makes you smarter and many other things. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-reading-why-you-should-read-everyday.html

earlobe2

I will start us off

I'm currently reading the Sword of Truth Series, up to the 4th book (i think). Its called Stone of Tears and so far its really good. Im nearing the climax and im 78% of the way through (my kindle tells me).

You dont need to read the books before The Wizard's First Rule in my opinion, i accidentally started from there and wasn't confused. Its a long series though, 17 books in total (i think 15 starting from Wizard's First Rule).

All in all its a great read for people who like adventure with a little bit of mythical stuff, the magic side doesn't rule the plot, mostly the adventure and battles (booyah)

Hit me up below if you wanna know more about the plot or look it up :)

Kindoe

I'm reading the Harry Potter series, on Year 2, very good, keeps me interested.

I also like the Hunger Games series, Divergent seires, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Wonder, Holes, Trapped, and more.

Exabit

I've finished book 1 and 2 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, and for anyone who just wants a lot of sarcasm, ridiculousness, and fun with their sci-fi, they're great books to dive time into. I finished book 1 in a week because of how much I liked it.

heartattac

I like The Shadow Society and Fahrenheit 451. I suck at explaining them but if you like dystopian that's what they are. I also read Notes From the Midnight Driver and it was good. And Get Well Soon. And the sequel to it, Have a Nice Day. Eleanor & Park was also pretty rad. My 3rd and 4th grade teacher wrote a cool cancer story called Dash- My Life Between the Numbers.

sorry i'll go read more now and get out of your hair

earlobe2

I'm reading the Harry Potter series, on Year 2, very good, keeps me interested.

I also like the Hunger Games series, Divergent seires, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Wonder, Holes, Trapped, and more.

Is Wonder the one about the kid with the disfigured face?? If so, great book :)

PixelDagos

I will start us off

I'm currently reading the Sword of Truth Series, up to the 4th book (i think). Its called Stone of Tears and so far its really good. Im nearing the climax and im 78% of the way through (my kindle tells me).

You dont need to read the books before The Wizard's First Rule in my opinion, i accidentally started from there and wasn't confused. Its a long series though, 17 books in total (i think 15 starting from Wizard's First Rule).

All in all its a great read for people who like adventure with a little bit of mythical stuff, the magic side doesn't rule the plot, mostly the adventure and battles (booyah)

Hit me up below if you wanna know more about the plot or look it up :)
I read this series last year and I bought all the books because the first couple were decent but then it just became some weird kinky stuff. Like some old ladies making fanfiction. It got really bad is wha tI am saying. I couldn't give a rats butt about Kahlan anymore because they just really wanted to get laid all the time. Not what I wanted to read about to be honest.

I really liked the Warriors series back when I was in middle school. If you all like cats and easy reads, this series is worth a shot.
For a more adult and serious read, try the Song of Ice and Fire (game of thrones). I read each book within a week because I was so engrossed in the story.

Another teen series would be..the Eragon series. You all have probably read that already though. (Fun fact, the author lives like an hour away from me).

I could make a list too but only if you guys are interested in more.

Tdalhaug

The Swipe series.

Swipe
Sneak
Storm
Spark

Yea, I guess there's the prevalence of Jesus but it's a really badass series.

earlobe2

I read this series last year and I bought all the books because the first couple were decent but then it just became some weird kinky stuff. Like some old ladies making fanfiction. It got really bad is wha tI am saying. I couldn't give a rats butt about Kahlan anymore because they just really wanted to get laid all the time. Not what I wanted to read about to be honest.

I really liked the Warriors series back when I was in middle school. If you all like cats and easy reads, this series is worth a shot.
For a more adult and serious read, try the Song of Ice and Fire (game of thrones). I read each book within a week because I was so engrossed in the story.

Another teen series would be..the Eragon series. You all have probably read that already though. (Fun fact, the author lives like an hour away from me).

I could make a list too but only if you guys are interested in more.

i just started the next book in the Sword of Truth Series, "Blood of the Fold", only read about 10 pages though. But by the end of the 2nd book i was getting a feeling that the climax wasn't gonna be a battle or something but more so Kahlan and Richard having some exercise in bed..which is kinda bad. If the plot goes downhill i might try out the Eragon Series:)

PixelDagos

i just started the next book in the Sword of Truth Series, "Blood of the Fold", only read about 10 pages though. But by the end of the 2nd book i was getting a feeling that the climax wasn't gonna be a battle or something but more so Kahlan and Richard having some exercise in bed..which is kinda bad. If the plot goes downhill i might try out the Eragon Series:)

It really does go downhill after like the second or 3rd book. I mean, finish the one you are working on by all means! Just don't expect much as you go on.

iminer

Sword Art Online manga series! (Manga is a japanese anime-based book.)
Any manga seems just as good as its anime. I am currently reading the SAO series and I totally recommend it!

CoopLuke

I read an interesting modern fantasy/adventure series called The Mortal Instruments last week (finished final book this morning). I really enjoyed the story as it was set in modern day New York area. It had a few (more than a few) ... "touchy" parts, if you know what I mean, but was overall a great series by author Cassandra Clare.