A Recommendation

Discussion in 'Towny' started by iplayMCtoraid, Apr 9, 2017.

?

Map differences

1. Old Towny map/flatter world

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Or Current world with lots of mountains

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doesn't matter to me

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. iplayMCtoraid

iplayMCtoraid Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Towny
    I have started this thread for some outlook onto what maps people prefer, Or what could be changed for a more diverse map.

2014/2015 Map

Pros:
    Lots of diverse biomes spreaded out / Many base idea's / Overall good map for me.

Cons: Traveling was medium for walking / Lots of water but that's fine.

2016/2017 Map

Pros: Some cool places to build / Large biomes / Big map

Cons: Lots of repetitive biomes / Pain for traveling.

Just wanted to get some opinions on the current worlds and what would be your choice.

+ Here is the old map to show some of what im talking about would post the current world map but last i checked it was down. Credit @evanjsheppard http://prntscr.com/eubi2c

2. Kindoe

Kindoe Well-Known Member

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    I personally preferred the 2014/15 map over the 2016/17 map. Sure, there were less cool sights to see, but the mountain terrain was difficult to build around, and there was few large bodies of water. The water thing is probably meaningless, but for water based towns it was difficult to find a good place to build.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Leaxvx

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Creative
    I loved the old map. So many unique landforms and different biomes, which were smaller, and that is also a factor I really liked. I even enjoyed the challenging travel because I like to explore. I don't mind the current world at all, but I just don't find it as exciting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. earlobe2

earlobe2 Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    Ah the good old days, did anyone else try to find their old town?

Old map was much better. If they had the same biomes and stuff but they made it in the shape of Earth (with europe, africa etc) that would be awesome.