25 people

Edy

Owner
Been pretty inactive mainly because of school and other projects. I have been planning on what I am going to do with CowCraft on the side, the few major issues come down to less servers and latest version support. We have to get rid of as many servers as possible since it splits playerbase too much. However, it's really hard to decide which server should be removed and which server should be kept.

On a bit brighter news, RVB will be coming back with the old old maps like back in the day. I been testing plugin on a test server and it's almost ready to be implemented on server.
CowZ is still planned, survival is planned to finally make a come back. Currently thinking of getting rid of HG and SkyWars, at least until we get more players.

ANYWAYS, if you're into Garry's Mod I have been working on a project called GmodHQ. The idea behind it was to make a high quality garry's mod server since that game is filled with really bad servers. The server is still in progress however open beta is planned to launch, it's still really early in the development https://gmodhq.com

The other reason why I started on that project is because I got really tired of mc, but I am starting to miss it and will be making a come back to mc. Some of progress has already been made, the first priority will be adding support for latest mc versions. Anyways, I am suprised people are still sticking around, I am thankful for everyone that has still hope.

Zinex

We have to get rid of as many servers as possible since it splits playerbase too much.
On a bit brighter news, RVB will be coming back with the old old maps like back in the day. I been testing plugin on a test server and it's almost ready to be implemented on server.
CowZ is still planned, survival is planned to finally make a come back. Currently thinking of getting rid of HG and SkyWars, at least until we get more players.
I agree- too many servers are splitting playerbase too much. But it seems like you're adding 3 servers and removing 2 which is completely contradictory... I think you shouldn't be adding new servers until you fix the broken ones.

labradorblue

Looking forwards to Survival being back! I want to try out RVB (I don't think I was on Cowcraft when it was around) and CowZ sounds like a great gamemode. Keep up the good work!

Edy

Owner
I agree- too many servers are splitting playerbase too much. But it seems like you're adding 3 servers and removing 2 which is completely contradictory... I think you shouldn't be adding new servers until you fix the broken ones.
I realize that, however survival is a long overdue and a lot of users have been requesting it. As for RVB, it's a fast paced minigame which should bring some attraction to server since it's a really liked minigame which was removed a long time ago. As for CowZ, it's 100% valid for your point.
These servers will be added after the major issues are fixed, we're not planning on adding them before we actually stupport newer versions of mc.
CowZ and RVB are the nostalgic servers in my opinion. But like I said, it's not the priority.

I realize that, however survival is a long overdue and a lot of users have been requesting it. As for RVB, it's a fast paced minigame which should bring some attraction to server since it's a really liked minigame which was removed a long time ago. As for CowZ, it's 100% valid for your point.
These servers will be added after the major issues are fixed, we're not planning on adding them before we actually stupport newer versions of mc.
CowZ and RVB are the nostalgic servers in my opinion. But like I said, it's not the priority.
When CowZ comes back remember not to OP Cieran

HupTiz_Azza

Anyways, I am suprised people are still sticking around, I am thankful for everyone that has still hope.

Well I know updates and bringing back servers will get people to play and bring back some old players, but a main thing I loved about CC was the people themselves who played it and it wouldn't feel 100% right for me if I played a familiar server filled with strangers so I want to get everyone old and new to play this amazing server to enjoy the upcoming updates with me :D

iminer

Been pretty inactive mainly because of school and other projects. I have been planning on what I am going to do with CowCraft on the side, the few major issues come down to less servers and latest version support. We have to get rid of as many servers as possible since it splits playerbase too much. However, it's really hard to decide which server should be removed and which server should be kept.

ANYWAYS, if you're into Garry's Mod I have been working on a project called GmodHQ. The idea behind it was to make a high quality garry's mod server since that game is filled with really bad servers. The server is still in progress however open beta is planned to launch, it's still really early in the development https://gmodhq.com

The other reason why I started on that project is because I got really tired of mc, but I am starting to miss it and will be making a come back to mc. Some of progress has already been made, the first priority will be adding support for latest mc versions. Anyways, I am suprised people are still sticking around, I am thankful for everyone that has still hope.
You should rename the current ranks to the ones from the old days ;>

Kindoe

However, it's really hard to decide which server should be removed and which server should be kept.
As a person who has played on all servers actively at one point or another, I think I know what should be done. Creative and Skyblock are fairly stable servers, not a lot of bugs or community problems, those should be kept. Survival needs to come back simply because, like your said, it's long overdue. Until we can get a larger player base, we should probably limit the PvP oriented servers to one or two at a time. HG and Skywars aren't as popular as Kitpvp, so you should keep those closed until the player base goes up. Introducing new servers isn't the goal here, but RvB should be released close to Survival so that we'd have two large servers with different player bases going on at once! Since factions and towny are done, when you close them, just keep them closed until we become more popular. So you could have Creative, Skyblock, Survival, RvB, and maybe Kitpvp (though you might as well close that for a bit to to keep the RvB server populated). This should get each server around 10-20 players on at least.
Once people on survival get really rich and the RvB people have established themselves, then start adding servers again. The best bet would be to reintroduce Kitpvp, Factions, and CowZ because those are the servers with really strong player bases, but avoid launching them to close to each other, release them in intervals to keep people interested. Make sure no servers drop below 10 players are down times, because that is a sign that there are two many servers. Towny should come next, with the return of HG and Skywars not too far behind. After that, just work on keeping the current servers maintained, don't introduce anything new until there is a large demand or the player base gets big enough. This is just my opinion.

LizChlops

As a person who has played on all servers actively at one point or another, I think I know what should be done. Creative and Skyblock are fairly stable servers, not a lot of bugs or community problems, those should be kept. Survival needs to come back simply because, like your said, it's long overdue. Until we can get a larger player base, we should probably limit the PvP oriented servers to one or two at a time. HG and Skywars aren't as popular as Kitpvp, so you should keep those closed until the player base goes up. Introducing new servers isn't the goal here, but RvB should be released close to Survival so that we'd have two large servers with different player bases going on at once! Since factions and towny are done, when you close them, just keep them closed until we become more popular. So you could have Creative, Skyblock, Survival, RvB, and maybe Kitpvp (though you might as well close that for a bit to to keep the RvB server populated). This should get each server around 10-20 players on at least.
Once people on survival get really rich and the RvB people have established themselves, then start adding servers again. The best bet would be to reintroduce Kitpvp, Factions, and CowZ because those are the servers with really strong player bases, but avoid launching them to close to each other, release them in intervals to keep people interested. Make sure no servers drop below 10 players are down times, because that is a sign that there are two many servers. Towny should come next, with the return of HG and Skywars not too far behind. After that, just work on keeping the current servers maintained, don't introduce anything new until there is a large demand or the player base gets big enough. This is just my opinion.

A lot of people like Towny and are waiting for the reset.
I love towny..

HupTiz_Azza

As I may disagree on some of those as the current servers I play now, the way you did plan out all that does sound like a decent setup

Kindoe

A lot of people like Towny and are waiting for the reset.
I love towny..
As I may disagree on some of those as the current servers I play now, the way you did plan out all that does sound like a decent setup
As a towny player myself, it would seem odd for me to want my favorite server to have such a long break, but realistically, towny is not where Cowcraft's core player base is.

Edy

Owner
Closing factions and towny is not an option, people have paid for ranks and they would be upset about not being able to use them. HG and SkyWars are different since minigame related servers only have one rank that is synced across all of minigames.

Kindoe

Closing factions and towny is not an option, people have paid for ranks and they would be upset about not being able to use them. HG and SkyWars are different since minigame related servers only have one rank that is synced across all of minigames.
I'm not saying close it for a long period of time like what happened last time, just a little bit of a break from it to keep the community enclosed for awhile.

Emilienne

I have quit staff, my rank just remains on here; I'm stating my opinion here as I don't think that an 8 year old game is going to have a major increase on popularity especially on unpopular and dying servers like this one. I do miss Minecraft and the good days from 2012-2013 but you'll find within the next few years servers like Hypixel will start to die eventually, it's an old game that everyone will eventually grow tired of.
lol k you were only staff for like less than a year lmao