1.12 ( And Other Topics )

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by xXiiOdinDaPugXx_, Jun 7, 2017.

1. xXiiOdinDaPugXx_

Offline. Last seen on Survival
    Since 1.12 came out today, hopefully we will get it updated with-in June. 1.12 is a very helpful update, certainly because I had a problem finding Road blocks for my Mansion.

Why I think people are leaving Cowcraft
    I noticed that most of our old population were Regulars, people who you were see often. And when Survival was like " Fuck this shit I'm out, Mhm, Fuck this shit I'm out, No thanks! " and other games ( Like Skywars ) most people lost interest. And since they most were Regulars, slowly but surely, People lost interest in Cowcraft, and since some people left, more people left. I still see the same amount of new people on as before. Just now they hop on for a few minutes and leave. I think that Red VS Blue was something that Kick Started Cowcraft for people to see the actual server itself, but then other servers became famous, then they got deleted, but now most of the servers ARE coming back soon, maybe we'll see the server thrive again?
    My Birthday!
    My birthday is popping up, and it'd be nice to see some of my old friends hop on the server and we can hang out, since most of them left.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZerheX

ZerheX New Member

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    I've been wondering the same thing for the most part, I really would like to know when Edy will update the server to 1.12.

3. labradorblue

labradorblue Active Member

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    People have left because some servers haven't been updated. It's the holidays now, so there should be more time for Devs and Edy to update. It possibly may take a little more time, it may already be done. Idk, don't take my word for it bc I an a normal player. In the mean time, be patient!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZerheX

ZerheX New Member

Offline. Last seen on Kitpvp
    Yeah, considering Summer is coming up, Edy should have loads more time to work on everything. I can't wait for the sever to update to 1.12!

5. Leaxvx

Administrator

Offline. Last seen on Skyblock
    Guys 1.12 just came out today xD. Give it time, there are plenty of other projects that currently hold a higher priority.

Also, to be real, people are leaving CowCraft because there's no one ever on most of the time, and that's boring, no one wants to play by themselves. Why do people keep making these threads saying why THEY think people left, when you're ALL right because there is multiple factors; broken plugins, friends leaving, servers removed, owner is busy atm, overdue projects, no one is ingame. But why some of those remaining players are leaving now is simply boredom and lost hope.

But as @labradorblue mentioned, it is now summer. Hopefully things will start to progress. I see potential in CowCraft. When the promises of updates-to-come are fulfilled, people will be happy, they will spread the word like, "Hey OGplayer1, Survival is back on CC!" and the old players who have been waiting for updates will return to check it out. With all these players back on the server, hopefully more people will join because it's no longer boring and there's actually someone else on to pvp with.

I have my doubts that CowCraft will ever return to having 1000+ players online at a time, but I do believe that just a little bit of work will make a difference in the player base. I've noticed that the number of players ingame increases when Edy is online, simply because he's online, something so small. Why is this? Because they are curious as to what he's doing, because they all want updates too. When he's online, they get excited thinking that something is happening... Now imagine if something significant actually did happen... we'd get our players back for sure.

Also, if you scroll down on the homepage of the website, on the right you'll see a box that says "MEMBERS ONLINE NOW". <-- You can click that title here, or in the box on the homepage, and see how alive the forums truly are. Of course it's nothing astonishing, but it's still pretty cool to see all the old players on their web browser stalking the forums just waiting for news/updates, or having a throwback moment checking our their profile or friends profile, missing the old days of CowCraft.

As a long time player who has been banned, and also left for over a year for prob some of the same reasons as the other players, and a staff who has been both demoted and resigned, I understand nearly every players position and thoughts and can relate to their opinions and I really try to utilize that to help keep everyone satisfied. I came back, after everything, and I know I can't be the only one. I came back and therefore believe others will too in time.

Anyways sorry for the rant, sometimes us staff gotta get shit off our chest too lol. For all the players who have stayed by the server, I give you great gratitude. But yea, just have patience and hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. matthew65536

matthew65536 Member

I think we're kinda jumping the gun, you know, because the servers need to be operational first, i personally think trying to update (and find plugins compatible with 1.12) would break things further, so we need the server to be working first.,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Impqcting

Impqcting Member

Offline. Last seen on Hub
    "I noticed that most of our old population were Regulars, people who you were see often. And when Survival was like " Fuck this shit I'm out, Mhm, Fuck this shit I'm out, No thanks! " and other games ( Like Skywars ) most people lost interest. And since they most were Regulars, slowly but surely, People lost interest in Cowcraft, and since some people left, more people left. I still see the same amount of new people on as before. Just now they hop on for a few minutes and leave. I think that Red VS Blue was something that Kick Started Cowcraft for people to see the actual server itself, but then other servers became famous, then they got deleted, but now most of the servers ARE coming back soon, maybe we'll see the server thrive again?" Survival was removed for a reason. You can't complain about it. Survival was removed because some fuck changed some plots into creative where you could grab free items. Skywars, people didn't play on it UNTIL the update and then it became more popular. Sadly they removed it because yes you were partly correct no-one played it anymore.Reason why? Probably because quite a lot of hackers played, rage happened, glitches and then there was that way too op bow. People lost interest into CowCraft since it was barely updated anymore, barely any staff (I'm pretty sure) started replying to helpop comments, and then they just completely forgot. Forgot about the whole community of CowCraft. As soon as people left, more and more since maybe their friends left or they found it complete boring. Red vs Blue, again many problems and way too many people cheated and raged on it. Sad that it was removed, would've played this server much more if it was back up. Server thrive? No way. This server hasn't been played by many people in AGES! If you look at loads of peoples /seen, you'll see either 1 or 2 years or like 11 or 10 months last seen on. If it were then it'd have to get like most of its servers back up and running and fixing all of them in an amount of time so people don't get moody and stop playing again.

8. xXiiOdinDaPugXx_

I know all of that. I was suggesting that Survival and the other servers got back soon. I didn't want to rush them, I was SUGGESTING. Also, we can get the server back up and running, it's not impossible. If we got the players back now. There would be enough content for all of the players to play for a few years, and the development would increase that. The last statement I KNOW because I used to play on cowcraft every day for 4 YEARS and I didn't run out of fun until then.